The Griffin Charitable Foundation takes great pride in helping all aspects of the Rome Community including our Capitol Theatre and Fine Arts Programs.
This February, the Griffin Foundation met with Executive Director, Art Pierce, Assistant Director of Operations, Julie Whittemore and theater cat, Jeannine to present a check that will be used for improving The Capitol Theatre's HVAC system.
The Capitol Theatre opened in December 1928 as part of the Kallet chain movie houses. The theatre presented first run films until its closure in 1974. After extensive renovations, the theatre re opened in 1985 as the non-profit Capitol Civic Center, offering classic films, concerts and live theatrical performances.