Griffin Charitable Foundation helped fund new, mobile computer stations and seating area in the Westernville Town Library. The computer stations provide privacy and can be reconfigured with casters. They were built to complement the existing historic aspects of the schoolhouse building that was originally built in 1941. In 1923, residences of Western decided that a town library would benefit the community. What started as a collection of books that traveled from homes to various Town Hall rooms expanded and joined the Mid-York Library System in 1968.
In 1974, the Westernville Town Library moved to its current location at an old school house and was granted a permanent Absolute Charter by NYS Department of Education. Since the provisional charter granting on April 7th, 1923 to now, the Westernville Town Library has continued to flourish and contribute to life in the community. From left: Gary Bartell, GCF board member, Jamie Wilbert, Western Town Library board member, Dyann Nashton, GCF community liaison.